Dandruff is an irritating thing for many people. While there are products in market that temporarily reduce it for a short while, it’s your habits that can help you overcome it in long run. Here are few good and easy practices that will surely help you control it.
1. The simplest treatment is frequent and effective shampooing of the hair and the scalp. Mild dandruff can be treated by regularly shampooing the scalp with a mild, non-medicated shampoo. If this does not help, a medicated dandruff shampoo can be used.
2. Avoid using hairsprays & gels. They dry the scalp of your hair.
3. Discuss with your doctor which products are suitable for your hair type. Discuss with him/her if despite using products the dandruff doesn’t go away
4. Exercising and keeping yourself fit can help you as well to overcome dandruff issues
5. Diets containing Zinc, B-complex Vitamins and fatty acids also help reduce dandruff. Raw foods like green vegetables are the best source for these constitutents
6. Condition your hair after every hair wash.
7. Try to take cold showers rather than hot ones. Cold showers provoke dandruff lesser than hot
8. Using Coconut or other hair friendly oils greatly help reduce dandruff. Also it’s highly advisable to oil your hair before you go for bath because this can prevent drying of scalping after you shampoo your hair