Daily Facts Archives - ScientiaWeb
Recent

Daily Facts

10 Surprising Things That Actually Exist in Nature

Shimmering Shores

Nature is weird, Nature is beautiful. But that’s how we like it. But nature can be extra weird at times. Here are some phenomena which exist but people don’t usually know. The list is ordered with coolness increasing from top to bottom. 10.Lake Hillier Located in Australia. The definite cause for the bubblegum pink color still haven’t been proven but ... Read More »

A funny story about CTRL+ALT+Delete

IBM Logo

We all know the guardian angel of our PCs, one that helps 99% of the times when your PC starts acting weird. If you’re wondering, the other 1% is when task manager freezes as well. So why this weird combination of CTRL+ALT+Delete? Why didn’t they put a special emergency button on the keyboard, so we wouldn’t have to  press keys ... Read More »

10 Things you know that are Completely False

10 False Things

10. Humans don’t ‘burst’ in Space. A lot of people think that without a space suit, one would ‘pop’ or ‘burst’. This is completely untrue and people are lead to believe this only because of movies and science-fiction. Our human skin is strong enough that we don’t ‘burst’ because of the pressure outside, which is another common misconception. If you ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 02 Nov 2011

Here are our five facts for 02 Nov 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. The nearest galaxy to us is Andromeda 2. The original IBM computers had hard drives called as “Winchester Drives”. The original drive had model number 3030, the number shared by ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 01 Nov 2011

Here are our five facts for 01 Nov 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. In Singapore it is illegal to own or sell a chewing gum 2. The great wall stretches for 4500 miles in China 3. The highest wind velocity ever recorded in ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 31 Oct 2011

Here are our five facts for 31 Oct 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. AMOLED display you listen quite a lot now a days in relation to smartphones stands for Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode 2. The first email sent in the world ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 28 Oct 2011

Here are our five facts for 28 Oct 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. Walt Disney was afraid of mice. 2. Bugs Bunny was initially named “Happy Rabbit” 3. Persia changed its name to Iran in 1935. 4. A volcano has enough power to ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 27 Oct 2011

Here are our five facts for 27 Oct 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. The largest bolt ever made in the world was used to join two parts of oil tanker and it was about 27 feet long and 4 feet in diameter 2. ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 26 Oct 2011

Here are our five facts for 26 Oct 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. The Chinese language doesn’t require punctuation 2. Most used letter in Engish is ‘E’ and least used is ‘Q’ 3. Tapephobia is fear of being buried alive 4. When you ... Read More »

5 Facts Of The Day – 25 Oct 2011

Here are our five facts for 25 Oct 2011. If you have anything to share, do not hesitate to email us at admin@scientiaweb.com. Errors and omissions accepted !   1. Widow is the only term in English for females which is shorter than its male equivalent widower 2. Armadillos have 4 babies at a time and all are of same ... Read More »